domingo, 24 de outubro de 2010

Autumnn Flowers Throw

[My first decently complex project in crochet, done without supervision (yes, I was working unsupervised with a crochet hook.... be scared...very scared... =) ]






This small throw materializes what Fall is all about for me.

Its colors remind me of the leaves turning hot-chocolate brown and into warm shades of red, of greens getting dry and of the myterious grey skies. The throw looks perfect over a bed or a sofa when the warm weather leaves and cozy evenings by the fireside arrive. The fact that it is made of leftovers and scraps from previous summer projects also means a lot to me, because Fall is about getting back home and weaving together all the bright beautiful memories from summertime. This throw is about calm, peacefulness and that sense of satisfaction with small things that I always associated with Fall.

Inspired by a Phildar model (specially the flowers) in Phildar No. 805, Mode & Crochet.


Soundtrack


Some of what I listened to when I was crocheting this - I think crochet I better done listening music. Knitting requires a movie or a tv series. Someone should find out why. Or maybe not.


In the morning:


In the evening:

Sem comentários: