quinta-feira, 23 de dezembro de 2010

Being Old #1 - The Feminists

I've been writing down a series of names on a mental list of people that got old in a great way. And by this I do not mean the "age gracefully" thing of popular fashion magazines or the "dress appropriately" doctrine form the hairdresser salon down the street. I mean people that when you compare them across 2 or 3 decades look as beautiful in both times.

Why? good question. It's not that they didn't get wrinkles, grey hair, that their bodies didn't chnage. They did, and you can notice. But somehow, these people look great. I guess because they, in a deeper level, look themselves. Time or convetion has not tied them down and they have not wither away. They are vibrant and look passionate as always. I think that may be the thing: they look the same in a deeper sense.

So, here are a couple of people that model the way in which I would like to age.
Chapter 1 - The Feminists

Gloria Steinem



Simone de Beauvoir


Sem comentários: