domingo, 1 de junho de 2008

In the beginning... there was a bright pink neon light...

So, I am starting a blog.
I must confess I am new to genre and the concept. I once had a photoblog, which is way easier to keep : post a photo and a very vague comment of maximum 2 lines and you have a post.

Well, a blog like this should be interesting to read (not just look in a glance), which makes it much harder to write. Specially when you don't know why you are writing it. Is it because other people I admire or relate to do? Partially, perhaps. And partially because of circumstances, and in the end because of nothing you can really name. That is why I called it a flight at 5 a.m. Because I know the times when I wonder "What on earth am I doing?" are when I catch flights in the middle of the night. There is when the non-sense comes out, the uncontrolled emotions, the pseudo-philosophical reflections burst out in a sleepy tone. It is that fine dimension that you enter once you have been sleep deprived enough, where airports seem endless and timezones melt together.
So, I guess that is what anyone can expect: a weird sequence of remarks.

I decided that, if this is to last a while, I should write in English. Right now Portuguese feels too distant (even though it is my native language, i.e. I am reaallly lost..), even though English gets me to do way more mistakes, for which I appologise from this very beginning.

Well, at least I will keep busy during the holidays.

Sem comentários: