terça-feira, 17 de junho de 2008

Underfined limbo post

Vaida spent the last week and couple of days around here. We had so much fun and did so many things that I did not write on this blog - an evident good sign of recovery.


Anyways, there are a couple of items on the agenda of this post.

1. Harassement and cultural issues

I need to expand on this one. Later, pherhaps. It is long, complicated and unberably annoying. basically it is the reflection on spending one week walking around with another young girl in Portugal, being subject to comments shouted out of any nearby café that we approached by any group of middle aged men. People say it is a cultural thing. I am moving to Vancouver.

2. The Mormons and all the others

In a couple of hours I will be meeting this girl I first met with Vaida on a train. nothing unusual: she heard us speak English and she was an American. Thing was that she was also a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints, known as the Mormons.
We talked about many things, decided to talk some more today. Vaida was very skeptical, so was my family. They fear me listening to a Mormon and I don't really see why.
I went to a Mass in a Catholic Church just thsi weekend. I find it all inetresting. i continue to be an atheist. I doubt that will ever change ( unless I get spoken to be God, as some have promised me will happen soon) . But I want to know more about other people's belives, to the extent I cna understand them. Besides, Mormon's stories are not more far fetched than Catholic ones...
I will see how this goes this afternoon.

3. Belle & Sebastian

It's the soundtrack in my mind. "The State that I am in". Sounds good on your head in the mornings, when you wake up at 11 a.m. and still feel like sleeping.
No i'm not partying. I just read till one or two in the morning. Some say is much more exhausting.

Going to go eat and change my clothes... Livin' is easy..

Sem comentários: