domingo, 8 de março de 2009

The fall


A blog should be a product of reflection.

But as I sit here, about to go to bed, I wonder, I feel and I think. Sometimes, these things are better served fresh.

I wonder. How much do we ever get to know of ourselves. In class my Prof made a great point. We have a very naive way of looking at what we want, we think we know it all.

I thought I did. But I am not sure.

In fact, I am appaled at how I am not sure at all! I feel that rational adults would repress doubt here, would stick to what they have said, to what they have thought. And I cannot be that dellusional.


I perceive clearly that I am playing with fire, as I sit in that dark big room, full of emotion and colour. Most of us are. It is a common human fascination. Literally as well.

All the magic in the world is in that gap in between people. People are God, are the Universe, my microcosmos of fantasy, power, kindness and madness. The space betweem us is like an abyss. I feel like falling, but I am sure of death of the part of me that decides to go into it.

And still I say yes, and I cannot stop. I commit myself. I know I cannot escape, and yet I would very much like to.

No one can. Humanity is constantly falling into the abyss. Like mermaids chanting on the bottom, like velvet, like all the flowers in the world, the space gathers around us, wraps us and presses us down.

Did I say too much? Am I trapped? Am I going to regret it?

Maybe that is the meaning of it all. To fall.

Sem comentários: