domingo, 5 de outubro de 2008

Some words on rock studios and more movies

I'm listening to "Sea of Love" by Cat Power. The song from the end of Juno when she had the baby and she is crying in her bed and Blekker hugs her and lies by her side. It is the end of the day. Unsatisfying, post-blue times when this seems like a wasted Sunday.

Today, I sat in my chair thinking about stuff for about 30 minutes. I started to cry after a while and thought of getting back to work. It sounds like a cliché, but some memories are indeed too painful. They are way better forgotten.

Yesterday I went to practice my violin to a studio that I rented for an hour. Well, I had never been to that part of town before. It was an industrial warehouse place. When I came in I realised I was slightly out of place. The manager confirmed it by looking at me quite strangely and making funny faces at the fact that I was Portuguese that I played the violin, that I was going to reharse by myself and only for one hour. Yeah, I was a character... I went to the dimly illuminated room got the dust out of a stand and started tunning and playing. Good thing about that place - you can make as much noise as you want. As far as I understood it is mainly for hard rock bands. It was an experience to play a baroque piece and have a dark metal band just on the side. I am going back next week.

On the way to the skytrain station it started pouring down. Me and my violin had to run fast but could not escape getting soaked. So, there I was, my hair wet and all over, my face red and exhausted, catching my breath while preparing to run another blog with my violin in my hand, and my coat floating after me in an empty street. Seriously, why is there no one to capture this moments in film?

I am making an Irish shawl, that's new. I am feeling better about the present, worst about the past.

Films I have seen.
Dead Poet's Society - lived up to expectations. And don't forget.... seize the day!
The Long hot Summer - old school Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward... careful, it makes you melt.


School's out miss Clara. The night has fallen, nobody here to see if you make a mistake. You put them things down miss Clara, because I am gonna kiss you. I am gonna show you how simple it is, you please me and I please you.

Sem comentários: