sábado, 27 de setembro de 2008

Golden times


Another amazing sunset can be seen from my window today.

Well, it could be more amazing. The fact is that today I fell quite unsatisfied with my work. With the inexistence of it really. I needed to read thsi novel for Monday and I just hate it so it is probably not going to happen. ANyways, I wish I had some real motivation to do something.

The hours that anteceded this afternoon laziness are worth dropping a line about. Yesterday, in the aftrenoon, I went with Maria and Isabell to Commercial Drive - one of the most awesome places in Vanocuver. We went around some shops and I bought a warm and nice black cape in a shop called Retro Rock Vintage Clothing. We talked to the guy there who was this hyper nice Irish who had lived in Berlin... it was great. Later we went to this "Eat Healthy" festival in the Croatian Cultural Center (?...). It was very interesting, being the kind of meat eater prejudiced traditionalist I can be. I came out with some new ideas and an overwhelming feeling that there is nothing like living in Portugal in terms of food.

After that we went to a Nepali restaurant where I had probably the most spicy food in my life. But all in all it was delicious. At that point I said out loud: this is why I cmae to Vancouver! Really! Where at home could I buy the awesome vintage clothing and eat Nepali food? I love multicultural places =).

Change of subject.

Today, Paul Newman, aged 83, died of Cancer in Connecticut.

I just wanted to take a moment here to express my admiration for the great actor that was Paul Newman. AS a part of my childhood I cherished him as some of my favourite characters. He will eternally be Eddie, by the pool table. The words to Clara, at night during The Long Hot Summer will always be there. His piercing blue eyes and the confident smile rest in our memories for ever.


Well, the guy playing the loud guitar by the hall hasn't stopped and my motivation is not back. Who cares anyways.
'Cause when the sun is out, we will all shine like gold in the air of Summer.

Sem comentários: