terça-feira, 23 de setembro de 2008

An updateful update

Ok, ok, it is almost nine o'clock and I have not done any of teh nice studying or reading I was supposed to. Therefore, this post must be extremely useful, extremely updateful (do not question my invented words, just forgive) on the whole situation. No more of that blog garbage on how beautiful the little birds are, the light comes in and there, how depressed I am because I don't know often what I am doing here... WHATEVER! Now, real events, stuff that has happened to me.

....

....
... (still thinking)

Ok, I know!

Let us start with that party I went to on Friday night. It was at the house of my 3rd/4th year from Lebanon. I got to meet him there actually. I got to know about the party while shopping with Isabell and Talia on the most frustrating shopping mall in the world : Metrotown - if you do not like reading maps, do not go there. So, the party was themed ABC - anything but clothes. After improvising a nice dress out of an IKEA bag and a pillowcase, there I join the whole gorup and take the bus to the place. Mission accomplished: I had tones of fun. I danced, I talked with people, some of them I don't exactly remember who they were though. I talked to this guy a long time and found out tere are interesting people around here. I met him randomly the other day and exchanged facebooks - honestly the world is way smaller than I thought, even in the big SFU in big Vancouver. Curious.

Next day, I went to have dinner with my aunt, my uncle and their friends. It was fun, restaurant was very nice in a Canadian way and conversations very lively. I learned a couple of things about Canada, I must say. Only thing I disliked: frequent references to apparently me being very smart. Exageration makes me feel uncomfortable. I wish I was very smart - I wouldn't ahve to work as I do then! Oh, funny thing: I got asked again about having a TV and a car. Yes, I a m odd, not watching TV and thinking I am a bit too young to drive. The skytrain is nicer, of course. I took it home around 10:30. I arrived at the bus stop to the University and realised it was cold and I was wearing a summer skirt and knee-high Summer socks. Let us just say those were very long 15 minutes....

Sunday I realised that I had readings to do on Monday. Yes I did. And so, whole day reading was my terrible final fate. Yes, I did not go to the Cinemateque! They had awesome filsm from a French Director that I really wanted to watch... Later in life, if I ever decide to commit to a stable monogamous relationship, my other "half" must be totally into going to this kind of things. Otherwise, not worth even trying.

About me and stable monogamous relationships. The other day, I was having dinner with a friend and two other guys she knew. For some reason I was asked if I would ever marry a German guy. I said : No. Accused of racism and discrimination against poor German boys, I ahd to explain my intentions of not marrying, the fact that I do not see myself as a mother. Without even a stop, in about 30 seconds both of them were pronouncing me a hearthless person who did not want to "share my love" and would end up living wiht cats. They said: I looked like a cat lady. Now, let us be serious here. Why? WHy? Why? I am nice..... Why do I come out as a man-hater bitch instead of a normal 17 year old who does not want to give birth in the near future and does not see the point of a piece of paper (except for tax reduction) as a confirmation of my atheistic love for another person. When will such encounters end...?

Wow, this got long. If anyone ever read all of this, let me know. Anyways, if you know me I probably miss you. So send me an e.mail, a comment, a wall post, a postcard ( I checked my mail everyday and I get realllly happy when I get stuff!).
I love you all and I appologise for any mistakes in the previous text. I am just typing very fast. Everything is ver fast...

I am just sugar high on maple syrup.



But one thing she made clear
There was no coming on to her
There was no way
That she could respect
If it couldn't see
That the girl just wants to be
Left alone with Marx and Engels for a while
She's writing in the style
Of any riot girl

"The bourgeoisie, historically, has played a revolutionary part to all feudal, idyllic relationships.
It has resolved personal worth and in place of freedom is exploitation for profit alone.
There is a spectre of the past in my bold assertion.
We could learn much from the past."

Sem comentários: