domingo, 4 de janeiro de 2009

ME and the cruelty of this world - a wondering of Sunday night

What can I say...


Hours and hours in the plane. Hours in the airport, hours and hours in the plane. Look out the window.

White white white white white white territory of northern Canada.

(2 days after)

My whole body is messed up from sleepping on airplanes and I am still tired and sleepping under jet lag.

I didn't believe in jet lag. I had a revelation.

I had to unpack and rearrange all my material possessions again. And, once again, I understand why it is that some people would like to settle down for good. Moving is inconvinient, even painful. It is work, it is memory, it is uneasiness. What can I say... I love it.

A friend asked me a question some months ago.
IS our world more immoral today, than before?

Here I am in my little room, in Vancouver, seeing the snow falling outside, reading my books, freaking out about my dinner and about my classes. Is the world more immoral?

Difficult without going into a moral relativistism kind of wave. But I want to try.
Can we be more...sensitive?

Control has become more capilar, Foucault. So, could it be that atrocities now are so horrible to us becuase they are so blunt, so raw and so plain?





I am going to rearrange my jewelery. I should

Sem comentários: