segunda-feira, 9 de novembro de 2009

On communal showering

(I realised I have completely neglected blogging, and that I had a few posts lying on my desktop, so here it goes)

When did we stop having three-way showers...?




Michael Pitt, Eva Green and Louis Garrel in Bertolucci's "The Dreamers"



Mick Jagger, Michele Breton and Anitta Pallenberg in Donald Cammell's "Performance"

I just realised some of the best scenes of the best movies I have seen are baths, communal style... Bathing in itself is something so significant, so magic, about cleansing your body and soul. Something mystical and religious. A shared bath has exactly that dimension, of common functioning, of sharing one's vulnerability and also one's uplifting moments . So, no wonder they make such awesome scenes. They are charged with symbolism and meaning, beauty. Great discussions too: who tells the truth, Clapton or Hendrix? Or just stick some wet paper money on Jagger! These two scenes are just so liberating, so apeasing, they make you want to lie on a carpet for hours staring at the celling...

Sem comentários: