quinta-feira, 25 de junho de 2009

#8 -Around the city

Wednesday, the 6th of May
3:30 PM, ferryboat from Horseshoe Bay to nanaimo.

Day 13

(...) I write o on a ferry larger than the ones in Bergen at least 3 or 4 times. And it has a lot fo extra facilities like huge cafeteria, work stations and other stuff. Spoiled Canadians.

On Sunday I went to the inetrnet café and got to know Christian would be arriving in the evening. so I went back and checked-in at the hostel again. i had a nice roomate, a lady from Calgary whose 3 old child and husband would be arriving the next day. I told her pretty much the last year of my love/sentimental life. I like revealing my deepest anxieties to strangers, it seems. In the evening i met "Carlo" again. i went to see a movie (just felt like it) and when I came back he was smoking at the door. We started talking again and ended up with his laptop in the lounge. I had to listen to his songs and I gave what he described as "great detailed and articulate" feedback. (...) Totally trivial lyrics. No poetry, no style. [Didn't match his voice and instrumental]. So I felt it was my duttie to set this errant soul to the right path and introduce him to The Smiths. He was charmed by Morrisey immediately (who wouldn't be?) and loved the drumming and the lyrics. Hopefully he will get some inspiration. He invited me for a concert (...) but I had other plans.

(...) My friends were extremely kind and offered their place for me to stay at for as long as I needed. But I had plans, once again. I was n BC to travel, after all. (...) Problem was, when I started looking at actual bus tickets: they were expensive! (...) I decided i would need to book those tickets and do it fast [cheaper the more in advance you book them]. one lesson for the future: do not try to be spontaneous when travelling with public transport in huge, strange Canada. Eventually i figured out a trip, a way to see the main points of interest. (...)Some cities I picked even just a bit randomly - like "vernon". (...) Money well spent.

Another problem is: (...) I feel so lucky. So undeservedly lucky. (...)

(...) Yesterday we spent most of the day hiking around a mountain next to Chief mountain. I wasn't prepared for hiking and my legs were kiling me today. It was till very gorgous and reminded me a lot of Norway. It even had an inlet, which basically is a fjord. (...) And it rained a bit -perfect. But, this morning, I bougyht some good waterproof hiking shoes. no more golden Gate situations!
(...)

Filipa

Sem comentários: