quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2009

3# Portlanders and bookstores

Portland, Sunday, the 26th April 2009
Day 3


(...) I bonded more with my hosts and actually enjoyed couchsurfing by itself.
(...)

I went to the Hawthorne district in the morning. Looked at bizarre ( I love this word today) shops, went into book stores and found myself starting a letter over a baggel. (...) After that I came back and went with my hosts, John and Conny, to a concert where john was playing Sax. It was very veyr enjoyable ( a choir and a jazz band, very great combination!). (...) Then we went to dinner at their neighbour's place. They were all so welcoming and eager to talk baout so many things! I always end up tlaking about Portugal, but i guess that is only natural.

exciting things besides the day's story:
- They have wine and beer in supermarkets in Oregon!

- They don't care about ice hockey here

- The neighbourhoods around here are amazinhg because epople really know and care about their gardens

- purple was a popular colour for houses in Victorian times

(...)

Filipa

Sem comentários: